Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Where there is a Will there is a Way

I have no idea if this saying was established after a death.....but it should have been. Bc man oh man where there is not a will...the way is hard to find. It hasn't even been a month and I think my whole family is ready to abandon ship and/or "kill"each other. Myself included. I find myself mad sometimes at the situation, sometimes at mom bc she didn't have anything. Even if there was a piece of paper that said, "so and so in charge" or sale everything and give it to missions. Getting caught up in the drama is easy. Email is bad. Never read in the correct context. I have found myself gossipping, and saying things that I shouldn't say. In all of this, my greatest fear/saddness is that instead of coming out stronger we will come out more distant from each other. Possibly not even liking each other.

Things I have learned. Have a Will...if you love those around you.....it is an act of love. And don't have 7 kids. Two would still probably fight but dang.....6 of them going at it is more like "war" than and arguement.

"Where there is a will there is a way." This statement does have another meaning: If you perserve there is a way. "If God is for us, who can be against us" I will continue to pray (even though at this time, it doesn't seem enough) and I will continue to read God's word...and to make an effort to "renew" my mind daily. Satan is an absolute jerk that is all 0ver this. Really pisses me off (sorry for the language) Take one day at a time. One battle at a time...and beg God for rest. Restoration...and Mercy.

Please continue to pray for my family:
Kent, Kris, Shaun, John, Dan and Me

Sorry for venting =) I hate conflict, makes my stomach hurt. ..=( But my sweet husband did remind me...this is normal. Six people can't even decide on what to eat....much less more important things.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

you're awesome mel. remember, only wierdos like me like conflict, okay, i really don't like conflict--i just like to fix things. And i am quite sure there is no fixing some things--like the thing you ad your famly are currently in.
Keep writing and venting--it's good for you and it is good for readers like me to read raw emotion. readers can both begin to emphatize and learn for our own well being.

Your friend, BJD

10:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Melodee I am sorry for this loss and for the truama it is causing your family. I'm proud of you, SO proud of you, for keeping your head on straight and making eye contact with God throughout this. God's got such bigger plans for you and your family. Take things a day at a time, to us this is huge but to God this is so miniscule.

One more thing: I miss you. So much. Its been weeks since you posted this, I really hope things have gotten better for you. ALL of my love Melodee.

10:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home