Thursday, February 21, 2008

Therapy.

Therapy is different for everyone. Mine used to involved a stop by sonic. Miss that. I have other forms of therapy like going for a walk, driving, crying in the shower, rocking my sweet child, and one of my favorites...being held by my husband. But last night, the only therapy was a really good hard cry. A cry you can't fight or hold back...the tears fall whether you want them or not. I once read "tears are the feelings so deep in your heart...there are no words to describe them...thus tears are the only thing that can reflect the deep well of emotions in your heart."

Let me tell you my well was deep. Not sure if it is the book I just read, Tuesdays with Morrie, or the movie we just watched, No Reservations, but last night a wave of saddness crashed over me. I missed my mom. As I think about going back to Texas with Josie, I am so sad...and a little mad...that the one person I really want to share her with, my mom, will not be there. I want to watch MY MOM rock her...talk with her..love on her. I want to see how Josie reacts to her. I want to hear if Josie is anything like I was as a baby. So many of those things are lost. And sometimes I wonder if I will forget the sweet details of my mom. And I am sad for Josie bc she will miss knowing the love of my mom.

Plus sometimes I just need my mom. Being a new mom and wondering if I am doing things right or just having questions, I long to pick up the phone and call my mom. Hear her quiet voice and soak in her wisdom. After all, she was the mother of seven. I think mostly I miss sharing just the good things, I look at Jeff and Josie and still can't believe they are my family. And I desire to share those daily joys with the one woman who prayed for this very life for me, my mom.

You know in todays world. Saddness isn't accepted much. You pretty much can get an antideppressant for just about any reason. I think we are missing out on something God created; sorrow, grief, saddness....tears. If we never feel the full range of our emotions..how can we truly appreciate the good times.

deep breath. Therapy. Writing on this blog is therapy. But last night it was a river of tears and the embrace of my love. Today I will take some time to praise our creator. Thank Him for a mother that was worthy of missing. Great love equals great pain when lost. So for that reason I am thankful for the pain....my love for my mom was great. She was amazing and she loved me.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well said Mel. I wish I could be there as you show off our little cutie to your bro's and sis's. I pray it is as fulfilling as you want it. Until then, in our Father's arms you will rest.....and while I am still here in mine also!

10:37 AM  
Blogger The Reid Team said...

I'm crying with you darlin' and we love you and send you very big Texas sized hugs and kisses - Reid's

4:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, Mel. How I wish she could be here, too. I'm sorry for your sadness now, but grateful you had such a wonderful Mom that passed on to you just how to be that wonderful Mom Josie needs. She may not be aware of it, but she will know your Mom in some ways because your Mom is such a big part of who you are today. I love you and would love to see you when you make it this way. If you get a chance, let me know when you'll be around.

Love, Denise

7:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is a really moving post, Mel. I didn't know that your mom was gone. I always enjoyed seeing her, it seemed she always had a smile on her face and you could see the pride in her face of you and your sibs.

You have a beautiful family! Thanks for sharing :)

Josh

7:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home