Thursday, February 10, 2005

a walk to the beach

Last night Jeff and I had diner with Susie (my new housemate) and her boyfriend Steve....we met at my new home. I will live in Shell beach and yes if I walk down the block I am at the Pacific. Susie is wonderful and very gregarious and Steve adores her. It was fun to share our stories. We spent about 5 hours just visiting..we also walked to Dell's pizzeria to eat. No car needed.

The house is very cute and you can go to the top of the house ..where there is a flat....balcony...you can't hear the ocean..but you can see it. And another fun thing, her dog, Blue (named for his eyes) walks on the roof. I crap you not ...when we came home the dog greets us from the roof..I gotta get a picture of that. She said it is funny bc those that don't know them ...come knocking on the door..."did you know you have a dog on the roof?" I will have a my own room and bathroom and she is very cool about the use of the rest of the house. She even has a hot tub....broken right now but will soon be working.

Steve and Susie are very well traveled and have lived in the area for a long time. Already Steve has given me several leads on jobs and also adviced Jeff with Vineyards to check out. They are fun and have great stories. They are checking into moving to Mexico...just past Baha CAlifornia..how cool is that? Pray for Susie, she has Type one Diabetes and is in need of a new pancrease. I think part of the reason for a housemate....(for Steve) is to have someone in the home with her....just in case. Not that you would ever know anything was wrong with her..she is a spitfire and definately an entertainer.

God is good. I couldn't have asked for a a better location or person to live with. What is fun is that this is the one call I made for a home. I say this knowing that just as God provided a home ..he will also provide a job that I can enjoy, be good at, and have enough pay and benefits. He promised to lead me and work out the details..ps. 37:23.

Jeff is hard at work in school. Defining your thesis is quite the task. But he is a hard worker and I know will ace this master's school thing and find a job that makes him come alive inside.

Other than that...in my spare time. I look for jobs, get coffee, and sit with Jesus on the beach. It still amazes me that my friend, my love....controls the waves. Cool huh?

OH one more thing....I was at the gas station and this scooby doo van pulled up and all these hippie guys pile out...trying to get to san fran..wanted money...i didn't have cash but i asked them where they were from....yada yada....it is so fun to here their stories. I guess that is the most fun part of the journey..everyone has a story to tell....and I love to listen..share mine and hopefully...tell "the greatest love story of all....the story of christ."

I am learning to have faith believing...."mind over matter" ..not doubting that God will direct my steps and open amazing doors for Jeff and I. After all, his thoughts of me are greater than the grains of sand........stink have you seen how much sand is out there....man oh man...my jesus "loves me."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home