Monday, October 08, 2007

Two Month Check Up


This morning Josie went in for her two month check up. Our little chubby bunny now weighs 12 lbs 4 oz and is 23 inches long. She is doing great. Holds her head nicely and is already standing with some help. However today she also got her first shots. Thankfully Jeff was with us bc I just cried thru the whole thing. It kills me to see her hurt..crying....laying on that table. Its horrible. She of course is fine and sleepy today.


There are many things I am learning to be true. Like "it hurts me more than it hurts you"....usually this proceeded a spanking but today I felt the truth of this phrase. I am also learning I will never be worry free again. Even though Josie is sleeping more hours, I still get up to check and see if she is breathing. Also as a parent, you don't have the right to be selfish anymore. You can't just set the child aside while you do your thing. (I realize this when I long for a Sunday afternoon nap...to just sleep as long as I want...or a bath without taking the bouncie seat with me.=) I have so much to learn but one thing is for sure....I LOVE THIS LITTLE GIRL! and would do anything for her.


I attached a super cute pict of Josie (in girly clothes) with her daddy.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

She is PRECIOUS!!!! I know I keep saying that but she's beautiful!!! She looks exactly like you in that cat costume! I love her smile and laughter...can't wait to have one of my own!!!! =) Wish I could come visit. Actually...Adam and I might head that way this June...=)

6:53 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

you are so right...it does hurt us more..and lingers in our minds far longer than any memory they have :) sort of poopy but definately a reassurance of blessing and wonder that is motherhood! she is AMAZING and so are you! :) xoxo

9:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Mel, I haven't dropped by in a while, but decided it was time to check in on the Jose Chronicles today. She's growing and blossoming and as lovely as ever, just like Mommy. You seem to really be relishing motherhood, and I always knew you'd be super at it. Drop me a line if you get a chance, but believe me when I say I understand that busy Moms don't have a lot of free time. Love you as always, Denise

10:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home