Saturday, February 12, 2005

seaview and morning coffee

I don't think my body has adjusted to california time bc I woke up at 6:51 am this morning...of course i did not get out of bed til 8. I proceed to make coffee. And make my way to the balcony..a flat ontop of the roof. Among the rooftops, I was still as I watched the fog roll over the mountains out to the sea. It was overcast, but the sun was breaking thru with rays of sunshine. I just can't seem to take it all in.....the awe of nature..the wonder that I am here in California. I am in love and I have a beautiful place to live. -deep breath- Now it is at the end of a long day....and I need to remember how my morning started. A sweet time: Jesus, coffee, beautiful view and a dog named, Blue.

Today was a teary day....for no reason other than I don't know "what I want to be" ..which is stupid bc a job doesn't define you. (Notice I am reminding myself) I drove to Inn at Morro Bay for an interview. Beautiful drive within the mountains. Long story short....pretty sure I have the job....so if we are counting ..that is two interviews...two job possibilities. Thing is neither pay that great...sigh...and then i rethink my thoughts on just wanting a silly job...maybe you can't do that here..maybe I'm too old for that. sigh...I have another connection..after that..I need to make a decision or go another route. Today i hate that i don't have a "vision"...well at least a career vision...and I hate that I can't seem to make a decision....and I hate that I cry. Stupid. =) Oh well.....we all knew it would happen..a day of tears.

Sweet Jeff reminded me of what is true and that everything will be ok.....and gave lots of hugs. Took me to Margie's Diner for a hamburger and Dr.Pepper. We ran some errands and then decided to go to a movie, Hitch. Laughter really is the best medicine. Great movie.Good company...and a strange man to my right making very loud strange noises....help take your mind from the mess of the reality.

I am reminded of what I read yesterday, how we must "take our thoughts captive"...fixing our thoughts and mind on Christ. We starve our minds of Christ and His Word...then we become malnourished in our lives and our love.......which definately reflects our attitudes and actions.I look forward to worship tomorrow. Jeff and I will attend Mountain Brook.I anticipate a sweet time connecting to Christ.

As for now, I will remember this morning when the world was quite and beautiful.....and all was good. (Bc there is a watch dog on the roof=)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home