Thursday, September 28, 2006

An Old Girl Scout Song



goes like this

Make new friends and keep the old...one is silver and the other is gold.

I know I know. Cheesy. But this last week reminds me of it. I had a great weekend with an "old" friend, Jenn Holley. She got in late Friday and we set out Saturday for a day of adventure. We went to our local farmer's market and then off to see and taste the wine country. We even had a great business idea. Who knows..it could happen.

The second pict is from Tuesday night. We had two couples from our new homegroup over for dinner. The Jelso...Tony (Tony is being kissed by Chris) Janay has on the brown jacket and Ashley (who is married to the kissing Chris) is on the left. Jeff and I feel so blessed to have found not only a new home group but new friends. For me it has made a HUGE difference in this last weeks. Help me feel more at home.....girlfriends always do. I am also thankful that they are so inviting..makes it easier.

The background...and a God story. I met Ashley at a wedding fair...I was looking for a bathroom..go figure....and her booth was at the bottom of the stairs. I met Chris her husband first. He aske when I was getting married....I said I was gettting married in Tx.....long story short. Ashley is from Tenn. and is in Cali bc she feel in love with Chris, a california boy. Funny how that works. The funny thing is....Ashley and I emailed for months...but not until I moved to Paso did we finally get together. God is so good to bring godly new friends into our lives.

Feeling more at home....Melodee

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

so so glad! love you :)

5:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

love yall so much. Cried realizing how long it has been. Hugs and Kisse!

11:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

mel... this makes me happy! Just because everything we have talked about! Plus your friend ashley is from the place i now live... miss and love you!

7:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home