Monday, November 06, 2006

Carving Pumpkins and Throwing Nerts!
















SPOOKY! Or just special..not sure what the "Crank" pumpkin is but it was a sweet time with our friends. Jeff was a little "out of it" since he was in the middle of harvest. He was so sleep deprived he fell out of his chair during the Nerts game. Team Crank still won that round. =) Jeff thinks I pushed him over but pretty sure he did it all on his own. Guess you had to be there to witness it. Funny.

I can't tell you how refreshing it is to HAVE COMMUNITY....and to play Nerts. This was my first time since I have moved to California. I was a little rusty but had so much fun. Made me miss long nights at the Owen's on Sunday evenings. That and a Sonic drink in hand of course.

God is so good to us. Jeff is done with his second successful harvest. And we are building lifelong friendships here in Paso...sigh....putting down roots. We are both excited about Young Life and with harvest over, having more time for each other and new friends.

Happy Halloween!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Melodee,
I miss you so much, and so does the rest of FBC Lewisville. I am graduating this year and going to go to Howard Payne University with Marygrace Brockington. I hope that you are doing well and that you are enjoying marriage life. I miss you and love you very much.
Brittany Lunsford
P.s. my e-mail address is hotbabe879@yahoo.com *cheesy i know but i was in 6th grade*
love you a lot

1:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Melodee -

I'm sure this will come out of the blue. Jen and I have been thinking about you off and on for the last month or so. I decided to finally get online and ferret you out. Looks like I got lucky.

I browsed thru your site and it looks like you are doing really well. We were wondering if you were still in the metroplex and I guess this answers it.

We bought a farm in Abilene and will be moving this spring ... with our two kids. Ethan is a year and a half and Ada is two months old. We're looking forward to finally getting out of the metroplex. Jen is staying home w/ the kids and I'm hitting the public schools mission field as a math teacher.

Our email at home is db.hogan@sbcglobal.net. Send us a message and we'll shoot you a picture of the family.

Glad to see all is well.

David and Jen

12:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well Sunshine, it appears as though you have finally found some family out there in the great vast that is Cali. Glad to hear that you got to play Nerts (Whatever that is???).

Rene, Tucker, the Girls and I are doing well. We live just down the street from Steve and Monica and that makes for good times. Sure do miss your smilin' face though. Maybe one day we will actually make it out your way, since we moved away.

Alright well gotta run just wanted to say Howdy Darlin', oh and you too Jeff. Take good care of my sister now. Love to you both.

1:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home