Monday, December 22, 2008

Momma's Little Helper

In this photo, I was making cookies for christmas gifts and Josie had been outside swinging. She came in and immediately needed to help. So this time (you learn this parenting thing as you go) I gave her, her own bowl and her own ingredients to make Josie's cookies. She did a great job! And of course we all had "bites" when the cookies were ready.




Josie always wants to help whether I am loading the laundry, unloading the dishwasher, sweeping...she wants to be apart of it. Which is very cute, however there are days when things would go alot faster (I wouldn't have to redo things) if she wasn't helping. But when I she hears me loading the disherwasher, I hear little feet coming my way with eyes that ask...hey don't you need MY help. =) Well of course I do..even though you are unloading what I am loading.
It was on the first day I let her help with cookies (in the pink a few weeks ago) that I realize how much patience God must have for US! We always want to help...take part in His work..even though we probably just slow Him down. But He allows us to serve so that we can have joy in our work and have purpose. Some days as a stay at home mom, you wonder what your purpose is....on that particular day, I was the student. Josie gave me eyes to see just a little more of God's character.

2 Comments:

Blogger Hamon family said...

She looks so big, what a beautiful little girl...not a baby anymore.

3:32 PM  
Blogger taters and tots said...

Thanks for sharing the pictures of your beautiful girl and your take on motherhood and the lessons we learn. A wonderful reminder :)

10:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home