Thursday, October 13, 2005

Dateless but Not Desperate

Much to many of our friends and family's disappointment (frustration), we have not picked a date yet. It seems it is a little more tricky than we thought with making sure our family can be there, Jeff's school, thesis, work, and well just life. Funny how hard it is to get 8 people to settle on a date for dinner much less a wedding. Kind of humorous really. Bottom line we will pick a date, that basically works for us. We will do it as soon as we can, and let people know. For now we are still enjoying each other and the thought of being husband and wife. And it hasn't even been a month since we got engaged....so I think we are ok.

Other than that, I came home to a beautiful new camera. Which my poor love..didn't get the response he wanted. It is really hard for me to receive gifts sometimes, especially expensive ones. Anyway I do love my new Canon Rebel XT and can't wait to play with and enjoy taking pictures. Plus now we have a digital camera and can take pictures of where we live and what we are doing.......not to mention show off my ring.

Last night I met Jeff on the Cal Poly vineyard to do a little fishing.......absolutely beautiful. We along with his friend Luke, who reminds me of my sweet brother...Brent Warren, got in a little boat and anchored ourselves out in the pond. We basically caught nothing but baby fish but it was still fun. The colors of the sun setting behind the moutains was beautiful and peaceful. There were even ducks on the pond. However once the sun ducked behind the mountain, this little Texas girl bailed. It was cold.

I wish I could share the beauty here with each one of you. It is amazing how creative God is ...and then to be reminded ..he took so much more delight and care in me. Now that is breathtaking.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mel~ 1st- i'm sorry about gunner. But at least its earthly Gunner couldn't have gone with us to Heaven with us...know why? because we will probably walk everywhere and since everything is PERFECT...it wont hurt and we'll look good!(wait...we do haha jk)
2nd-I love hearing of the sunset and it's many colors...to me those are constant reminders just how real our God is. its him saying "i'm right here and in control."
3rd-i really need your email address/home address...i'm using you as a reference for a summer camp!! i love you and i'm glad to hear you are doing well!!HI JEFF.

12:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Mel....tis was me that called...Brittany Taylor..love of your life! and i could not hear your message so if you could email me back that'd be great.. its brittany.taylor2@student.oc.edu i need your street address and email add. thans hun!

8:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home