Tuesday, February 22, 2005

Saying goodbye...

Well today was a hard day, I said "goodbye" to many of my tee shirts. Due to the fact that I live in a room, I must simplify. Over the last 5 years, I have acquired ALOT of t-shirts. So I went thru them and then Jeff went thru them (that was funny) and I tenderly put them in a bag and took them to the Goodwill. Hopefully, they will find a good home. =)

This morning, I sat at the edge of the cliff. It was butt cold but I just wanted to hear the ocean. The rain had stopped for the moment. The water was so powerful and strong as it crashed into the rocks. I just sat, closed my eyes and listened. After awhile, I just stared watching the ebb and flow of the waves. My God, my help in time of need, controls this ocean. He is in control. He loves ME! And He wants the best for me so that I might live in peace and JOY. (deep breath) God is a good contact to know....talk about network. =)

I guess that would be my prayer for you. No matter where you are, God is in control. Stop. Take time to take in the work of His hand. and Rest.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey mel, im sure your shirts will have a wonderful home. and i wish that i lived by an ocean so i could go and listen to it. Your'e lucky. tehe!;)

5:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi melodee, I can imagine how many t-shirts you have and I can also imagine the joy and sadness that it brought thinking about the memories that each shirt offers.

I have so many t-shirts, the real colorful shirts are from when i was in the children's department, then quite a few gray ones (i think that was a budget thing) and then the ones from the past several years with your special design, thought and love on them. ...yeah it would be hard getting rid of them.

Bet you didn't know you were such a writer? it's exciting reading your notes, makes me wish I was there, rain and all. I sure would love to give the roof dog a hug.

Just wanted you to know that i think about you often, you are loved and missed; but knowing you're where God wants you is where we all want you to be.

Give yourself some time, the crying will be replaced with bigger and better memories very soon. This is all still very new! Love you, Toni Smith

6:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i know you have been awaiting my comments...i miss you mel! but a gentle sweep of calmness covers my heart when i read your words. I am confidant that my dear friend is in the palm of the Lord's hand. Living life to the full and to the moment...exactly how he intended. i am off to Africa tomorrow...will call when i get back. love you...kdh

12:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home