Saturday, March 12, 2005

Watch out for the flying banana peel...they can hurt.

This week has been good. I have met alot of people that work at Sycamore and they were all very nice to me. To be honest it was a little boring at times because I was observing. However, this next week I will actually train for my job so it should be at least busier.

Thursday night was warm so Jeff and I went to the Farmers Market. I was so excited bc I didn't have to bundle up. He was coming in town from a conference so we met downtown. I was a little frustrated bc parking is tricky, but once I saw him standing there with flowers in hand. .......it was all good. We ate at firestone, my absolutely favorite tri-tip sandwich, and then we walked the streets. We ended up with a 6 pound bag of clementines and a flat of strawberries...all for about twelve bucks. The fruit tastes so good. Reminds me of choir tour in Salinas.

Friday, Jeff met me at work and we ate at the Gardens Restruant. I get a discount since I'm an employee. It was a pretty day. We sat outside, ate alot, and laughed at how messy we are. The sirloin burger is really good. After work I came home and visited with Susie. (Be praying for her, they found a mass in her pancrease..she has an MRI on Monday.) Jeff and I decided to go to Barnes and Noble and chill for the night. But he wanted to stop by the auto parts store first. As he got back in the car I was finishing a banana. Since I had seen him throw an orange peel out earlier and say "it biodegratable"...I thought I would do the same. He ducked down and I flung it so that it would fly out his window. SLAP......HEHE BANANA PEELS MAKE THAT NOISE WHEN FLUNG ONTO SKIN....Jeff came up just in time to get smacked across the face. I laughed so hard....even now it makes me laugh. If only you could have seen his face. And then he is all...."what are you thinking...you can't throw a banana peel out the window!" I didn't really see the difference but I laughed forever on that.

Today we went to look at a truck just for fun. Turns out the guy used to be a pastor...it was fun to visit with him. And again be reminded that even though I "feel" alone sometimes...there are so many brothers and sisters in Christ around every corner. It is fun to be apart of God's family. Its big and diverse...and always growing and changing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home