Sunday, February 27, 2005

Lost Sheep

This week I have talked with and been around several new people. My heart is burdened for the great need of Christ in their lives. So many searching or just talking the BIG TALK of how life is so great....all the while you see them seeking your approval of their livestyle. They are indeed trying to find their purpose in life...like we all are...the difference is they have no direction. No shepherd in their life. Just lost sheep that don't know how to find their way home. Their fragmented stories run thru my mind and find their way to my heart. Today in church I was reminded how much the shepherd cares for his sheep. How he picks them up and places them over his shoulders in the rocky areas until we are safe again. I was also remind that we are "priests" - ones who serve God. And it is our job to share Christ and His love with them. You see....all memebers of the body are ministers. And I am still a minister in the body of Christ and forever will be....until I finally see my sweet shepherd drop his staff and run to me. Pick me up and carry me into the gates of heaven. What a sweet day that will be...sigh...but for now.....I will continue to pray and get to know them...being intentional with Christ's love.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

MEl, you are abel to articulate this beautifully.love connie

8:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home