Friday, April 01, 2005

Booty on Pirates Cove

This past weekend I got to see a familiar face, Becki Porter. It was so nice to just "be" with someone who knows me and loves me. We had a sweet time of hanging out and exploring San Luis Obispo. Saturday, we woke up spent time with Jesus on the roof with a cup of coffee and then headed out for a walk. We walked about a mile and half to Pismo Beach. Walked along the beach and then once we got to the pier we journeyed up to the beach town of pismo. We had lunch and enjoyed the little shops and food. We even treated ourselves to carmel apples.

Sunday we went to worship and remember it was only a year ago that we were in Prague celebrating Christ there. sigh...alot has changed in this last year. Sometimes it is still hard to believe that Jeff is in my life and the love of my life. And I live in California on the beautiful central coast. Then we went on a hike with Tiona, who is a friend of Jeff's. She gave us a beautiful guided hike around Montana De Oro...near Morro Bay. Everything from mountains to sandy beach dunes with a vast veiw of untouched coastline. Breathtaking....especially for chubby kids going uphill. I will hopefully have a few picts to share soon.

Monday was a hard day...lots of tears for Melodee. So I took a personal day, and Beck and i went on our own hike just down the road from me. It is a beautiful trail manicured with flowers of all colors.....and the best part ..you are right above the ocean. The is something about the ocean waves that soothe the restless soul. God's creation speaks to me daily....I am trying to write the windows as I see them...but sometimes I just soak them in. ANYWAY...the trail wasn't that long..dead end. But there was another trail .....some might call it a "condemed" we called it adventure. We could see a secluded beach and we tried to get to it. However IF we got down..no way we could get back up...mud slid area. So we went higher and around the beach..we we found the most amazing bluffs. We climbed the rocks and sat on the edge...just talking with Jesus. Praying for each other and those we love. After a time...we decided to try out the trail that went lower....hopefully to the beach. Sure enough we got to the beach...we had to wait til the waves went out to jump to the beach. We were so excited we were there..just enjoying the little secret beach we had found. THEN becki noticed we were not alone. And the figure she saw.......she wasn't sure if he had clothes...this was a time that i am thankful i can't see distances. Sure enough he comes out from behind the rocks.....naked! huh HELLO! He spreads eagle and starts walking towards us....we turn around and begin to leave. We check..yep he is still following. You have never seen two girls jump the ocean and scurry up the mountain so quick...of course Becki left me is the dust bc i started laughing. I was like great leave me for the naked man. Later we found out that that beach is Pirate's Cove....a nude beach. Go figure. Good for a laugh I guess...but I won't be going back.....just a little scary for a naked man to be chasing after you. "Booty" on Pirates cove is NO TREASURE!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home