Wednesday, April 13, 2005

"Please Try Again"

These are the words I read on my Dr. Pepper (1 in 6 win) cap. Man you'd think, one in six, those are pretty good odds. And yet, I sure have read alot of "please try again" messages. Makes me wonder if they really do put a winner in every six drinks. Regardlesss, I kind of feel like this is the message for me right now. Nothing seems to say "winner". In fact, the message I feel more times than not is "loser." Now I know that is not a good thought and probably from the enemy himself but seriously can't we hook a girl up with a winning DP. =)

Tonight we went to another small group. All nice people...I just feel on the outside and I get in the car thinking.....will this ever be home? feel like home? can we make it here? financially? will we have a life here? friends? career? Just enough to cause tears to fall and the jeep to pull into the nearest gas station.....for a Dr. Pepper. (No Sonic here) And as I twisted my cap in anticipation that I would be a winner....I was disappointed. I realized that its like that in so many areas of life..I get my hopes all up thinking...I am so going to win...only to be disappointed by the words..."please try again." But you know what? Even though I didn't win a free DP, I do have a DP in my hand and it tastes amazing. So for now I will enjoy my Dr. Pepper and you know.....I will "try again." You see lucky for me, my father doesn't work on 1 in 6 chances but in "promises" of His word. So I can always open up His word and find more than refreshment....I find what can truely quench my thirst.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home