Monday, April 11, 2005

Sunny in San Fran

This past weekend, Jeff and I traveled north to the bay area to visit with the Cranks (his parents) and see Becki Porter. Becki was my roommate in Texas and now lives in Jeff's hometown. (Tell me God isn't always at work behind the scenes.)It was rainy Friday while we traveled but the rest of the weekend was beautiful. Saturday Becki and I walked around Walnut Creek Downtown area, got a pedicure(met two different christian girls in the nail shop), went to her YL office, hung out and did a whole lot of chatting and solving everyone's problems (basically the world) except our own. Then we met back up with Jeff at his parent's house and hung out in the back yard which has a back drop of a mountain, ate pork chops, strawberries and ice cream, and then sat around a fire and looked at stars. Sweet conversation and memories. Sunday we all got up and went to church. Jeff's family introduced Becki to some people and Becki is even going to housesit for them this weekend. I love it when a "god" plan comes together. It was 74 so we sat outside and soaked up the sun and had a grilled hamburger and baked beans. (Almost just like a Momma Huey burger but not the same.) All in all it was a sweet weekend with family and friends.

Jeff started his job with ej gallo today. He got up at butt crack so that he could be at the vinyard bright and early. It is 500 acres so he had to be trained on an ATV safety because he has to ride one thru the vinyard. rough huh? Anyway, I spoke briefly with him and he really enjoyed his day. He will work there two days a week and then go full time in the summer after he finishes this quarter up.

Other than that, I am still trying to connect and feel at home. It is very hard at times but if I focus on what I DO KNOW instead of all the what I DON'T KNOWS.....i realize that I am very blessed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home